Rhiwbeina Primary Breakfast Club 2019-20
The Breakfast Club at Rhiwbeina Primary School is a free facility and funded by the Welsh Government. The purpose of the Breakfast Club is to provide a nutritious breakfast to children who would otherwise not be provided with one at home. The capacity of the school hall is limited and so the school has to restrict the number of children who attend the Breakfast Club:
- Children attending the Breakfast Club are required to eat breakfast while they are there. This facility is not intended to provide childcare.
- No child has a right to a place. Schools can refuse entry to any child on the grounds of unacceptable behaviour.
- No foods can be brought into school by the children to be eaten at the Breakfast Club.
- Breakfast Club opens at 8.15am and no children should be allowed on to the premises before that time. It is the responsibility of parents to ensure that their child/children arrive safely and that parents/carers must sign their child/children into the Breakfast Club.
Children must arrive for Breakfast Club by 8.30am. No child will be admitted after that time.
Unless there are extenuating circumstances, it will be assumed that if a child is not using the place allocated to him/her on a consistent and regular basis, that the place is no longer required. In this circumstance, the parent(s) of the child/children will be informed that the place(s) is/are no longer available.
The Governing Body has agreed that parents should be invited to re-apply each year for their child’s/children’s place(s) at the Breakfast Club and to complete the necessary form. It has been agreed that if the Breakfast Club is oversubscribed, the following criteria will apply in this order:
- Children in receipt of Free School Meals (if you feel you may qualify for Free School Meals please speak to the school office);
- Position on the waiting list (children in receipt of Free School Meals will automatically take priority).
Breakfast Club admission forms are available to download from the Virtual Office on the school website. Please complete one form per child and return a hard copy to the school office staff.
Reception children will start Breakfast Club the week beginning 14th October 2019.